Maschine ist zet Gut

deeplfo EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Jul 15 20:48:48 CEST 2009

> Would you say it truly does give you the MPC experience?

I couldn't comment %100 as I have no real hands-on experience with MPCs.  But from all I know and have seen it's very close.  For sure the size, layout and functional aspects are very close to the MPCs.

> Could you have the control surface not in front of a computer and get along using it completely independently?

Absolutely.  Obviously it's not the same exact work flow, but you can do everything away from the software.  The two LCDs are not that bad and are enhanced by use of push buttons across the top of them and knobs below them to aid in the navigation and selection of various objects.  I have committed to set aside time to get to know the HW interface as much as possible, since it is nice to not have to switch between the HW and SW.

I have to say that the Maschine (and a laptop) would make a great desert island gear.

btw, here in the States I got mine from Musicians Friends and it came with a Senn DJ headphone as a free gift.

mohsen