Watchmen

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Jul 11 19:46:46 CEST 2009

Peter Korsten wrote:
> Ice Age 3 is kinda cute, but silly: the jokes are getting a bit old, or
> too obscure since the obvious ones have already been exhausted. The 3D
> makes up for it a bit, though.

I saw that one last Monday. I wasn't enthusiastic, the whole storyline
and jokes were just too predictable. A couple of years ago, I would have
been enthusiastic about the technical aspects of the film, it's
definitely done beautifully, nice colour themes and camera shots. But
the genre has matured, I no longer watch animations for the graphics,
but for the whole package.

Ice Age was also the first full length feature I saw in stereo. I have
to say, the production has come a LONG way since the first showcases at
Disney World or Imax - it's no longer about the wow-effect, but used
rather more subtle. However, I didn't find that it added that much to
the movie. We had the choice of seeing Ice Age in 3D but dubbed in
German, or 2D in the original language. If I had to choose again, it
would be the latter.

Martin