Cheese making

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Jul 11 00:16:25 CEST 2009

The Dong schreef:

> I must be getting really retro if I decided to have a bash at making
> cheese. I think cottage cheese may be the easiest, but Anita hates that.

You're just getting old. :)

One cheese I've come to like is the Maltese ġbejna (plural ġbejniet). It
comes in three varieties:
* soft, in which it can serve as a more tasty replacement for mozzarella;
* hard, which is the same thing, but easier to cut;
* peppered, which is the hard variety with a load of pepper on top.

It's made of goat milk, and very likely not available outside Malta, but
it's damn good.

- Peter