Best song of all times

Mikael Hansson EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Jan 24 10:36:01 CET 2009

Gert van Santen wrote:
> OK, I know, this is next to impossible, but just give it a try.
> What's your No. 1 song ever,
>
> Here's mine:
>
> Simple Minds: Someone, somewhere in Summerttime

Nice one, also on my top-10.

Kate Bush - Running up that hill
Cabaret Voltaire - Sensoria
Clan of Xymox - Back door

This was hard, there's so many good COX tracks like A Day, Louise, This
World, Jasmine & Rose.

Cocteau Twins - In our Angelhood
The Cure - Pictures of you

Also difficult, Frou Frou Foxes in midsummernight dreams by CT and Let's
go to bed and Lovesong by TC also gives me goosebumps.

Depeche Mode - Leave in Silence
Imogen Heap - Have you got it in you?
Human League - The sound of the crowd
I Am X - Mercy
Joy Division - Love will tear us apart
New Order - Blue Monday
NIN - Hurt

In competition with Right where it belongs. I'm not so fond of the
production in the albumversion of Hurt, but the liveversion he's been
doing lately is fantastic.

Sisters of Mercy - Alice
Smashing Pumpkins - Everlasting Gaze
Soft Cell - Bedsitter
David Sylvian - Forbidden Colours
Ultravox - The thin wall
Visage - Fade to grey

Ok, ok it's more than 10 :)
I'll try to pick 3 of these

Visage - Fade to grey
New Order - Blue Monday
Clan of Xymox - Back door

Gert, I think you're right about the emotional attachment theory.
most of these songs always sets me back in time. It's almost like I'm
there, back in time.

/Micke