What makes you puke?

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Jan 10 20:00:56 CET 2009

Enrique schreef:

> This is what I like the most, the loud bang. Those 8' lenght series of
> pètards triggered ... aaah feeling it live.
> More than fireworks at the beach. On the other side, the fireworks at
> midnight in the beach reveal far more useful when your young and begin to
> hang out with gals. But that's another poing...hehehe

They freak me out. Once, I was walking through Birkirkara, just coming
out of a pharmacy, when there was somewhere this enormous bang of a
petard. That was... not fun.

> Peter: glad great to disvover what you maltesse guys do with fireworks :)

Well, if any of you guys happen to be in Malta in the first week of
August, you can come to our house and watch the Lija fireworks from our
roof. We all have flat roofs in Malta, so it's an excellent venue.

By the way, Lija has less than 3000 inhabitants, so their firework show
is indeed very impressive.

If you stay another week till the 15th of August, there are like seven
festi on that day, including Attard, and you can see fireworks all
around you.

The disadvantage of living in Malta is that any fireworks display, with
the exception of one of those mega-concerts by Jarre, look utterly
unimpressive. The Lija guys pack three different colours in their
skyrockets...

- Peter