Romain RPM2009 song(s)

Romain / rXg EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Feb 25 18:59:12 CET 2009

Hi Chris ,
first of all thank you to take the time to listen to my songs ...
About the first trip, you are totally  right there is too much bass freq, I
think also that my bass sound is a bit  too loud, my challenge is as
usual "mixing"  and i m not very good in this ...
But i will try to change some stuff , and also put the voices louder ( my
problem is in the end of the song after the calm part, I want a big boom
coming back ... but it  doesn t sound the way i want and i must be agree
with you again  it sounds really muddy .)

btw i don t know " Arthur Baker vocals on Klaus Schulze "..
I will check it later ...

For the second song ,I m glad if you like it a lot :D,
 I really liked to work with my friend and also add some scratching  brings
another dimension I guess ,,,
for what you said , i will try to bright it a bit and put away the flat
sounding ...

To be sincere, for these two songs is still a challenge for me to try to
make it sounds ok ...
 ko  will be better heheh :)

I will let the music-bar know sasp (I wish to know when is our deadline ? )
Anyhow, does anyone will do the mastering of music-bar ' CD for this year
(if we do it?) ?

Well all in all Chris
thank you again for your critics and advices it s much appreciated  as
always:)

Romain

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 2:26 PM, Chris Strellis <
Chris.Strellis at crystalvision.tv> wrote:

>  Hi Romain,
>

> Great contributions and I’d submit both!  Classic Romain!
>

> “Trip” is thick and dark but I find is missing some high frequency energy
> and brightness making it sound “shut in” and muddy.  Maybe roll off some
> bass too? The vocals need to come up a lot more though.  It reminded me of
> “Richard Wahnfried” the Arthur Baker vocals on Klaus Schulze tracks from the
> early 80!
>

> Eye Flowers needs the vocals up a lot more too.  Perhaps it’s more
> compression on the vocals  - you will always need loads! - that’s needed as
> you have a reasonable dynamic range with your vocal style.  This is a very
> interesting song and I like it a lot.  Needs brightening up again as it’s a
> little flat sounding.  This is probably best done at the mastering stage
> though.
>

> Cheers
>

> Chris

Romain