Romain RPM2009 song(s)

Chris Strellis EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Feb 25 14:26:20 CET 2009

Hi Romain,

Great contributions and I'd submit both!  Classic Romain!

"Trip" is thick and dark but I find is missing some high frequency
energy and brightness making it sound "shut in" and muddy.  Maybe roll
off some bass too? The vocals need to come up a lot more though.  It
reminded me of "Richard Wahnfried" the Arthur Baker vocals on Klaus
Schulze tracks from the early 80!

Eye Flowers needs the vocals up a lot more too.  Perhaps it's more
compression on the vocals  - you will always need loads! - that's needed
as you have a reasonable dynamic range with your vocal style.  This is a
very interesting song and I like it a lot.  Needs brightening up again
as it's a little flat sounding.  This is probably best done at the
mastering stage though.

Cheers

Chris