Aaaargh!

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Feb 23 21:40:41 CET 2009

Mikael Hansson wrote:
> I'm up and running again, this time with both knuckles and belts. The
> strange thing is how I could get the virus the second time with a
> totally updated system, antivirus and only programs from trusted sources
> installed.

Could be your malicious program 'called home' and laid your IP open to
particular attacks, which were still vulnerable. Just a wild guess. More
likely there were remnants of the infection somewhere.

I've installed XP so many times, but luckily this install has been rock
solid for such a long time (no SP3, Furryfox and Thunderpants and a lot
stripped out; services to near minimum)

I've installed XP so many times that I've also witnessed the early days
of IE on it, where machines could be infected with very nasty crap
within minutes of installing the new OS and surfing with IE...

I am dreading the day where the newer 64bit OS's have so much to offer
to resist, because I will have to upgrade all audio hardware (which I
must remember to use more often)

;)