Aaaargh!

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Feb 23 21:03:06 CET 2009

Romain / rXg schreef:

> Is there any virus on Linux system ( i guess not but i m just curious to
> ask),

Maybe, maybe not. It works differently anyway. On a Unix-like system
you'd usually be running some sort of service, and as an attacker you'd
be looking for weaknesses in well-known software. For example, if you
run BB-forum, you have to make sure that you don't have an old version
with known security-sensitive bugs still around.

> +Do you guys don t think in the early futur it will be possible to get
> virus on mac because mac is more and more use now days ?

Both theoretically and practically, yes. No system can be made 100%
secure and still be usable.

However, virus writing has become more and more the terrain of organised
crime, often in Russia and countries like that, and these people target
the largest market. And that is still PC, and will remain so for some
time to come.

On the other hand, I think I read that gaming consoles like the
Playstation 3 and the Xbox 360 are becoming a target of misuse.

- Peter