Please crit our track!

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Feb 22 11:01:06 CET 2009

Hi Kai,

Just a few comments, since people with better listening equipment (and
presumably better ears) have already given a lot of helpful feedback.

First, I don't particularly like the sound of the bass drum. It's a bit
too analogue for my taste, especially in the sections with the filtered
'telephone-like' voice. Whether it is interfering with the bass line I
can't really say. This could be a deliberate choice, of course.

Second, the transitions are very sudden: the beginning of the song, when
the bridge begins and ends, and to a smaller extent the end of the song.
Again, this is probably a choice, but it does sound a bit as if the
radio station is changed in the middle of the song.

Third, the web page looks different in Internet Explorer. :) That's just
nit-picking, though.

Having said all that, I agree with the others that this is a very good
track indeed. It sounds commercial enough if that's your thing, yet it
differentiates itself. I've listened to it something like ten times now,
and as soon as my wife is out the door, I'll put it on the speakers,
just to get a different take on it.

Is there going to be a downloadable version, or do you intend to take it
further, like try to sell it?

- Peter