New track - Mikael meats Imogen (in his dreams)

Gert van Santen EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Feb 15 02:40:26 CET 2009

Mikael Hansson schreef:
> Gert van Santen wrote:
>> I mean 0:36 and 0:41 and the other occurences of the same part
>> (3:33, e.g). Perhaps it's not wrong, but it sounds somehow off to
>> me. Also the guitar hook sounds just a tad off (esp. the 2nd and
>> 3d note).
>>

> Yup, the guitarplauing involved some stringbending. My friend Mellow
> Dyne helped me out a bit :)
>
>> I would start with adding a bit of 1.5 - 2 kHz (or perhaps 2.5
>> kHz) in the vocal, and lose a bit of that same frequency in the
>> track. Not much, perhaps just 1 dB each. And then I would
>> compress the end result (with the voice in the track). That
>> should glue the whole thing together while keeping the vocals
>> intelligible.
>>

> New version up now where I have tried to apply your advices. Was I too
> gentle/harsch...?
> <http://www.deadmengods.com/music/dmg-immi_the_song_that_never_was.mp3>

I A/B-ed the first and second version a couple of times, and I
think you did a great job! The difference is very subtle, but the
new version is definitely easier on the ears :-)

Brilliant!!
--

:-)

G e r t   v a n   S a n t e n