New track - Mikael meats Imogen (in his dreams)

Mikael Hansson EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Feb 14 23:52:55 CET 2009

Gert van Santen wrote:
> I mean 0:36 and 0:41 and the other occurences of the same part
> (3:33, e.g). Perhaps it's not wrong, but it sounds somehow off to
> me. Also the guitar hook sounds just a tad off (esp. the 2nd and
> 3d note).

Yup, the guitarplauing involved some stringbending. My friend Mellow
Dyne helped me out a bit :)

> I would start with adding a bit of 1.5 - 2 kHz (or perhaps 2.5
> kHz) in the vocal, and lose a bit of that same frequency in the
> track. Not much, perhaps just 1 dB each. And then I would
> compress the end result (with the voice in the track). That
> should glue the whole thing together while keeping the vocals
> intelligible.

New version up now where I have tried to apply your advices. Was I too
gentle/harsch...?
<http://www.deadmengods.com/music/dmg-immi_the_song_that_never_was.mp3>

/Micke