USB audio interface recommendations..

Chris Strellis EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Feb 10 11:55:52 CET 2009

> I always ask, but what you gonna do with the broken gear? :)

No idea?  It will work as a MIDI interface but it's a bit big just for
that!

> Oooh. Poor Alesis. This guys got a one track mind ;)

Mines got a one channel mind at the moment!

> http://www.mtmstudionet.com/forum/topics/alesis-io2-what-a-nonsense

Yeah I read that last night.

As I come to think of it, this Alesis I/F and my Tascam have had
interesting glitches where they can play out 44.1KHz stuff a little bit
pitch shifted down and tempo slower - not always obvious at first and
then you go - "wait a minute!!!".  It's like it resamples the 44.1KHz to
48KHz and then plays it out at 44.1KHz.

It often happens switching between playing a soft synth and then playing
an MP3 through the IF.  Something about ASIO?

Cheers

Chris