Guitar effects

Matt Picone EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Feb 3 15:58:53 CET 2009

Tom Adam wrote:
> Gents,
>
> I recently picked up playing guitar again after more than 16 years. Needless to say that it felt as if it was the first time I touched a guitar. After 4 months of practice, I'm back to do some serious rocking...
> Anyway, although I like building stuff myself, I don't feel like building some stompboxes, ect. So I'm thinking about buying something of the shelf. Some reading led me to the PodX3 Life, Boss GT-10 or the digitech RP-1000.
> Are there any other devices I should look at? Which one would you go for and why
Axe-FX or Guitar Rig + Laptop is the only thing I'd recommend. If these
are out of your price range, skip the newer generation of Pods and go
for the original or the v2 for much less money. Through an amp, you
won't hear the difference!

Still, Axe-FX is SO worth saving for-- light years in front of the others.

-m@