Guitar effects

Tom Adam EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Feb 3 15:53:43 CET 2009

Gents,

I recently picked up playing guitar again after more than 16 years. Needless to say that it felt as if it was the first time I touched a guitar. After 4 months of practice, I'm back to do some serious rocking...
Anyway, although I like building stuff myself, I don't feel like building some stompboxes, ect. So I'm thinking about buying something of the shelf. Some reading led me to the PodX3 Life, Boss GT-10 or the digitech RP-1000.
Are there any other devices I should look at? Which one would you go for and why?
Cheers,
ToAd