Aaaargh!

Mikael Hansson EMAIL_HIDDEN
Sun Feb 22 13:34:13 CET 2009

Been doing computermaintenence since thursday. Got a virus so I tried to
remove it and then update windows xp to sp3. When I was finished the
computer wouldn't start and a restore didn't work, couldn't even get into
safe mode.

Reinstall, updating all xp files, even got sp3 installed and all worked
fine. After another day half of the apps were installed then my virusprog
started to warn again :-(
Spent a day killing of the processes and removing infected files as my virus
prog, avast nor kaspersky could find the source just stop the symptoms.

Had to get a program called "Security Task Manager" and quarantine the
running processes and services (if I removed them they just relaunched) and
then search the registry for instances regarding the virus, found about
30-40 with randomized names for the dll's that were loaded. Well at least
now it was gone...but now the computer won't start...and I'll have to start
over again :-|

I guess some of my applications must have the virus but scanning with
several programs finds nothing...

If this continues I'll have a hard time finishing a track :-(

/Micke