My pompous prog rock re-interpretation :D

Chris Strellis EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Dec 3 13:34:16 CET 2009

Guys,

Well it's Christmas time - nearly - or so I've been told. There's a
great EM podcast called Syndae:

http://www.syndae.de/

Well I had a track of mine played on there before (clue: It's Episode 17
and I'm Voynich)

http://www.syndae.de/episodes/59-episode-17

Anyway, he's asked for some Christmas themed submissions to play for the
up and coming show, a general one, not a specific to me!  I thought I'd
have a quick go and found a nice MIDI file to use as the basis for it.
Some of you may be familiar with the track - it's quite well known - but
I didn't know of it - LOL.

Original is here:

http://www.strellis.com/mp3/trans_siberian_orchestra_christmas_eve_in_sa
rajevo.mp3
http://tinyurl.com/yhp3nnx

Anyway, I used a ton of soft synths* and put this together

http://www.strellis.com/mp3/S_T_R_E_L_L_I_S_Christmas_Eve_Sarajevo_12_24
_V1.0.mp3
http://tinyurl.com/yajqs35

Let me know what you think - what sucks and what's bearable ;)

Cheers

Chris

*
Waldorf PPG VST - "Acoustic Guitar"