Qustion to the minds of the bar

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Dec 2 02:47:05 CET 2009

Gert: Thanks for the support.  I know I am not crazy, and people like
this guy really rub me the wrong way.

Anyway, I decided to sit down and do an objective test, that didnt
involve my ears, and see what happened.  The result was kind of
interesting, at least for myself.

Kick sample from my drum library and loaded it into FL Studio and the
same into Maschine.  I played it back on quarter notes for 4 beats at
140bmp and exported the results.  I then took them into accoustical,
inverted one of them and added them together. The results are pretty
obvious:

http://www.noisetheorem.com/files/FuckYouDon/

If you look at the screen shot, you can *see* the difference quite
clearly.  Its even interesting that the two programs have different
ideas of what 140bpm is (by very small amounts) by the phasing that
occurs.

Anyone see any potential errors in this test?  I am sure its not 100%
scientific.  I did no normalizing or anything of the wave - just
loaded in the hit and exported it at unity.

Tony