buying a soldering iron..

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Dec 1 05:27:24 CET 2009

Ok, I have a few odd jobs around the studio that need to be done
(fixing of bad outputs mostly) and I decided that rather than pay
someone else a couple hundred bucks to do a 5 minute job, I'd just do
it myself.  Unfortunately, it seems that its been so long since I used
it, that I lost my soldering iron along the way.

As my last one I got in a kit when I was in school, I didnt know
anything about it.  I am looking to replace it, but looking on the web
there seem to be a ton of different types and sizes.  My first
reaction to all of the 'features' is that they a lot of it is just
crap you dont need.  They are priced from ridiculous cheap to
ridiculously expensive.

Do any of the DIY'ers have any tips (no pun intended) on purchasing a
soldering iron?

Tony