Dual CPU?

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Aug 17 19:01:00 CEST 2009

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the answers. I figured that dual four-core would probably
be overkill, but I'd like to know what you guys had to say, since you
tend to be on top of this sort of thing.

The reason why I asked is because my laptop at work is a Core Duo (not
Core 2) mobile, running at 1.66 GHz and even with 2 GB of memory, it
feels not very fast. Obviously, there's the mobile CPU, the lousy video
and the 2.5" S-ATA disc.

As a comparison, my home machine has a 2.2 GHz Athlon 64, with 2.5 GB of
memory and a Seagate Barracuda S-ATA disc. Video is an Nvidia 8800 GTS
(320 MB). Not really suited to play GTA 4 (my main reason to upgrade) or
any recent game for that matter.

So... now I'm waiting for Windows 7 to hit the shelves, and then I'll
get a new system.

- Peter