Komplete 5

Matt Picone EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Aug 5 23:52:14 CEST 2009

Loving this talk.
> a display is definitely necessary but i believe the config should be -
> press one button and it works.  until software can deliver that, it
> will always be inferior to well-designed hardware (Even if it has a
> soft core) that delivers single-on operations.

I tend to agree, but superiority has more vectors than just
integratedness. For instance, I used Guitar Rig at gigs for 18 months
because it sounded better than anything else in its WEIGHT class (then
the Axe-FX blew it out of the water).

> great that Live has an interface to the physical world; i must admit
> that i do quite enjoy the combination of the nano- controllers with my
> laptop, once its all plugged in and wired up and so on .. but there is
> still the danger of things going TILT.

So true. Software may tilt, but hardware clearly goes "game over" too.
For example, I turned on my Virus TI2 on Saturday night (not even USB'd
up) and the display was half dark. A reboot and pfffft. Totally dead.

-m@