Test? Is it safe?

Chris Strellis EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Apr 28 13:15:35 CEST 2009

Dongy,

> Why store only heat off-peak?

a) Heaters are large electricity consumers eg 3000W so it makes sense to target this first.
b) It's fairly efficient to store heat than electricity (as in batteries).

> Maybe we're not allowed to be inventive and save money?
You are but is it worth while?

If electricity is 25p per kwH (can't remember exact figure) than means a 100W bulb left on for 10 hours will cost you 25p.
A 3kw heater left on for 10 hours would set you back £7.50.

Targeting lighting as a saving measure is pence per day.  Targeting heating is pounds per day.

I have solar panels in the back garden that just about manage to drive a pond fountain ;)

Interesting:
http://www.whatyoucando.co.uk/electricity_reduction_story

Cheers

Chris