Test? Is it safe?

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Apr 28 10:25:10 CEST 2009

Hello.
Is it the Euro and US holidays or something? :)

I mentioned this idea to a friend and got a laugh/nah response.
You know those horrible storage heater things that use off-peak eleccy
to charge up that is almost half price? My ones aren't cheap to run anyway.
Lighting, batteries and other appliances are becoming more efficient, I
even got some 2.5W LED clusters as supplementary lights to save a few
pounds a year. The colour isn't good, hence supplementary.
My idea was to kind of stretch the storage/off-peak eleccy into a modest
battery bank, probably using cheap lead acid that charges up off peak.
Strictly limited to lighting and low energy appliances.
Pretty easy to wire up, not thaaaat expensive at all, could expand to
power much of the house that isn't on the heating/off-peak meter..
The savings should definitely cover the maintenance costs if one is a
big user.

One way to cut a chunk of the bill in half..
I cannot find this particular little nugget anywhere on da infoweb.
Why store only heat off-peak?

Maybe we're not allowed to be inventive and save money?

Batteries at the ready ;)

I've also acquired a 4W 12v solar panel, strictly to charge the eeepc
and bicycle light power pack. Of course, my bike lights are home made
and are now headed with a 5W LED jobby (brighter than the 10W halogen in
it before) that lasts about 4-20 hours depending on mode ;)
Plus the battery pack can be used for other portable gear.
I'm just waffling now.
At least you have something to skim over until the yokels get back from
Disneyland :P