The device we want is near at hand ..

EMAIL HIDDEN EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Apr 22 11:23:07 CEST 2009

been thinking about this a few days.
To be honest, I'm really not that keen on it.

One of the things I love most about playing a stringed instrument is
that you tend to play with other people.
The level of interaction and "bouncing ideas" around that happens is
just awesome, and for me is part of what music is about (the otehr
part being, playing stuff live).

The concept of a porta studio is ok, but it's nothing new.
Let's be honest, get a macbook, logic and a korg minikeyboard and
you're there.

The concept of all in one "workstations" isn't really radical, I
remember being blown away by my SY85 with it's sequencer, sampling,
synthesis, drums, built in mixer and effects.

Perhaps I'm missing something, or more likely, the way I approach
music has radiclly changed in the last 12 - 18 months. I don't see
music as a solo venture any longer, I find my music gets stale and
boring if it's all "me", again, maybe that's a limitation I have.

Hats off to the guy for coming up with the concept, but it's far from
a device I want.

Paul