I got a son today

Søren Knudsen EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Apr 4 14:30:46 CEST 2009

> Congrats Soren and Anne!  Hope all works out well ok.  Please be
> careful when you're down in Lagos for a few months acclimatizing
> yourselves to him.  Some parts of Africa are not the safest place to
> be for Europeans/Americans, if you know what I mean.  I don't believe
> Nigeria's going through any civil wars, but neighboring countries, who
> knows.  Make sure when the child grows up he receives a well rounded
> understanding of his native culture, and the new culture he's soon
> becoming a part of.  Nothing as beautiful as truly world traveled &
> informed children.

We know a bit about Lagos as Anne has been living there for 1½ years as child and has later visited her parents when her father was working there. As far as we know, Lagos hasn't been as stable in the last 30 years as it is at the moment, so we should be fine:) We have communication with other couples who've adopted from Lagos and some who are down there at the moment, and apart from having to cope with unstable electricity etc there having a good time.

/Søren