Freakin Mopho

M-.-n EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Sep 26 15:42:47 CEST 2008

>> I actually really like
>> the evolver architecture (the digital/analog hybrid and feedback loop)
but I
>> want to do sample-based synthesis. Not to mimic a piano or to fit loops.
>
>Granular?

A lot simpler. I called that "oscillator looping". Basically take any wave
(of anysize). Set loop points. Now if you want a C3, you basically adapt
automatically the speed of internal wave scan so that it goes from loop
start to loop end in the number of msec needed to produce a C3. If you take
a conventional wave (a monowave one for example), you revert to a digital
oscillator but if you use long loops, you will have strange harmonic shift
across the scale because at high frequency you skip samples that will
suddenly get picked up at lower speed. Very grungy.

So my ideal "module" would have a CV in for keyboard frequency, sample
memory and 2 CV controllable loop points. I guess it wouldn't be too
difficult to set up but anything practical past sticky tape is too much for
me.

>Arduino might help there, USB link and easy to use SDK.
>As long as you're happy to learn C.

the "C" part is the only real skill lying in my hand. I believe if I set my
brain to it I can code anything for any platform. My first arduino contact
wasn't that great since I fried it by simply uploading code to it. I'm going
to try to revive it but I'm not too confident about it at this very moment

>Hmmm, the MOTM stuff is good, but a bit pricey.

? sorry I don't really what the motm is :)