Freakin Mopho

Paul Maddox EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Sep 26 15:28:26 CEST 2008

M,

> I actually might. But I would like to build a hybrid digital/analog synth
> (you think I could call it "computer controlled").

as the monowave is,
often refered to as "digi-logue" :-)

> I actually really like
> the evolver architecture (the digital/analog hybrid and feedback loop) but I
> want to do sample-based synthesis. Not to mimic a piano or to fit loops.

Granular?

> Because I feel there's a few things with sample-based oscillator that
> haven't been really explored.

aye, lots that hasn't been done yet.

> The problem is of course the control of the analog part by the "computer".

Arduino might help there, USB link and easy to use SDK.
As long as you're happy to learn C.

> But maybe I could indeed do some tests already by aquiring a few modules and
> linking them with the oscillator algorithm in some ways.

aye. it's sometimes best to start with simple and get an understanding
of the basics.

> Any recommendation for a starter kit to modular beginner that still would
> enjoy if it sounded "creamey" ?

Hmmm, the MOTM stuff is good, but a bit pricey.
the 'synthesizers.com' stuff is also good, but I don't think they sell kits.
I believe that someone is now selling the Oakley kits again, good
value for money and great sounding.

Paul