I LOVE DSI.

Paul Maddox EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Sep 24 16:17:49 CEST 2008

Joost,

> Any way you can get it to 249 euros? Makes it much much more of an
> impulse buy. Maybe by dropping some features and the mass production.

not sure at the moment, A lot depends on the type of case I can get,
and how cheaply I can get it made before it feels like junk.

> What about getting the panel design done first, and then the tech
> inside?

hehe, that's how I used to design synths, now I build a list of
features and functions, then design the schematic, then build a
prototype.
The Panel comes later, though for this it may come before the build
(still after the schematic) because I intend to use one PCB for
everything, again, much like the MFB synth (and I imagine the evolver)
-
http://www.retrosynth.com/gear/synthlite/synthlite_pcb_labeled.jpg

I'll post a blog entry when I have a panel layout, and drop a mail on
here with a link.

Paul