I LOVE DSI.

Joost Schuttelaar EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Sep 24 16:04:34 CEST 2008

On Sep 24, 2008, at 15:54 , Paul Maddox wrote:

> Estimation (I don't have a full BOM yet) of around £300 for non memory
> and £400 with memory, I'm hoping to get this down further by getting
> them mass produced in somewhere like Croatia or china

Any way you can get it to 249 euros? Makes it much much more of an
impulse buy. Maybe by dropping some features and the mass production.

> It does indeed, got a demo of the problem? sounds like a duff pot or
> broken wire. Are we talking about the Resonance control? there was an
> issue with a couple of the early ones where a pin wasn't grounded.

Dunno! Years ago in Reck :) no audio demo...

> The original evolver had no knobs/switches but did have patch memory.
> Personally I'd rather have knobs and switches.

Me too, if you go without knobs etc you need a software editor...

> hehe, thanks, that'd be good, personally I'd ship it with maybe two
> patches in memory and let people make their own sounds for it.
>
> Thanks for the input, the general concensus seems to be "it's not that
> important but would be nice", Let's see what I can do, it'll take me a
> month or three to knock up the schematic and layout the PCB. Build
> will take less than a week, though the case build might take longer.
> With any luck and a prevailing wind I should have a prototype ready
> by March.

What about getting the panel design done first, and then the tech
inside?

--

Joost Schuttelaar
The Hague, NL