BBC NEWS | Technology | Google's Android mobile unveiled

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Sep 24 14:40:19 CEST 2008

Andrew Robinson wrote:
> Interesting - are you looking for the for white headphones with a
> distinctive little lump for the headset mic that distinguishes the
> iPhone from iPod?

My son uses iPod headphones on his £30 touchscreen MP4 player, for when
he wants to be more portable than the Senn's he has too. He bought a
good pair of Sennheisser headphones, some clothes, some booze and a few
extra memory cards and still didn't spend as much as an equivalent iPod
would have cost. If it eventually fails beyond warranty, it's only £30
to buy a, probably better, replacement.

> I'm down in London for a mo

Where a cupboard costs £250,000... ;)

> Maybe it's just because I hang out with designers and musos a lot, but
> I see many more Macs than PCs. Could well be because I'm the 'go to
> guy' for people to have their new Macs explained to them though.

Maybe it's because you recommend Macs to everyone and I highly
discourage anything Apple.

>> ... that is the main reason all their shit costs twice as much as
>> everyone elses. Not because it is twice as good.
>
> The Android phone is 10% cheaper then the iPhone. Ignoring allegances,
> would you really not find the extra cash to have 8Gb instead of 1Gb,
> and to have the free apps from the app store?

I'd just pick another phone altogether.
Not that I want a portable, 24hr annoyance in my pants..