BBC NEWS | Technology | Google's Android mobile unveiled

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Sep 24 11:37:38 CEST 2008

Peter Korsten wrote:
> Now what does this remind me of?

It looks like a PDA.

Honestly, whenever a desktop computer, laptop, mp3 player, or now phone
comes along, the fanbuoys bob along and harp that it isn't as good (read
expensive) as their Apple one.

In all honesty, seriously, I have only EVER seen ONE iPhone in public
owned by a friend and that friend earns a LOT of money. Others may have
a Blackberry. That includes glancing about on buses and in pubs, shops etc.

In the case of iPods, only one person I know has one that still works, a
new Shuffle, the only other one I know about is broken beyond reasonable
repair.

In the case of the desktop computer, NOBODY has one (unless you count
the first generation Apple Mac, of which there is one and someone owned
one of them for a week too, until they realised it wasn't a PC and none
of the software they needed would work on it) and laptops a staggering
single one (maybe 2) have I witnessed in 20 years. Really.

Either:

The UK is a growing Communist State where we all shop in the same cheap
shops and only the slimy upper crust can afford all these 'posh'
versions of hi-tech poo.

People just won't spend that much on a phone unless they are really
stupid (or flamboyant show offs. That wears thin quick on both sides)
and there are less stupid people left in this country (the really stupid
ones are all in Iraq or Afghanistan right now 'cos they bought into that
particular dole queue war cry or raucous advert)

Apple is lying and deceiving us all as to how big a player it really is
and that is the main reason all their shit costs twice as much as
everyone elses. Not because it is twice as good.

OK?

:)