Back When Synths Were Beautiful

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Sep 20 19:27:28 CEST 2008

> Just to make sure, a DX5 is like the Big Mac version of the DX7,
> with a
> better (or at least bigger) keyboard, but without the space shuttle
> controls of the DX1?

No, the DX5 is a DX1 without the major panel work - just the
horrendous FM-era menu and operator-select buttons and not much else.
The DX5 is a scaled down DX1.  Very nice big fat keyboard, but
unfortunately had some rather crippling problems that effected my
music for years - like after-touch and velocity that only went up to
100, instead of 127, for example ..

> Those 76-keys Yamahas have always been very cool... wouldn't mind
> having
> a VP-1, for example.

I've gone off Yamaha completely since the AWM2 era failed to cease.

;
--
Jay Vaughan