Motu Suck. Reason #1

punkdISCO EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Sep 6 16:54:42 CEST 2008

Hi Martin

> What happens when you connect the Soundcraft desk using TDIF?

I cant get this to work, either but this is expected: in my mixer's manual
it has a section on the Motu 2408 and it states: if using TDIF, the 2408
should be master and you need to clock using word clock (I don't have a word
clock cable).  But anyway, my TDIF breakout boxes do not have any provision
for clocking. They simply have 8 lots of analogue i/o and a TDIF connector.

If I connect my desk using ADAT, it all works fine.

> What are the latency settings?

I have tried a mix of latencys, even keeping it on the max.

I have also tried two different cables and, two different TDIF boxes.

Im pretty much of the opinion that these TDIF boxes may only be good for the
SoundCraft 328 desk as they are listed as an option for that desk and, they
call themselves "328 Analogue Tape Interfaces".

Looks like I will have to sell them with the desk and then buy some more
frickin interfaces such as the ADA8000s....

..and there was me ready to revolutionise my studio this weekend...

Paul
London
www.punkdisco.co.uk
Banned by YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EvlOpBe0xU
"thats mental! and rather fkin ace too! cheers! dick subhumans"