funny youtube stuff

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Sep 6 12:03:15 CEST 2008

> By the way, have you kept track of rapid prototyping/3D printing?

Yes, I'm an active observer of the reprap project at metalab, as part
of last nights adventures I watched a new generation of tooling going
on to refine the resolution of the metalab-reprap machine.  Its
awesome, truly, to see stuff being printed in 3d.

> I got
> to learn about it because of an unrelated subject, and it's impressive
> that you can now have a machine hardly bigger than a small laser
> printer, that sits on your desk and builds models.

well, the metalab reprap is really a CNC machine, but it started off
as a desktop model, albeit not nearly as accurate as it is now ..

> No doubt there are several firms in Vienna who will do this for you,
> and
> it could be interesting to build your own markers.

I hit Metalab every week, man.  We're making stuff there that you'd be
quite happy to see in use one day .. ;)

;
--
Jay Vaughan