iPhone - How much in your country?

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Oct 31 17:46:47 CET 2008

Peter Korsten schreef:

> Gorman, Declan schreef:
>
>> How much is an iPhone in your country?
>
>> Here in Ireland they are only being sold in conjunction with one
>> particular service provider, O2.  They are looking for €480 for the
>> 8GB 3G and €569 for 16GB 3G.

Those are pretty much the staff prices that we (as Vodafone employees)
get. Retail is about €35 more expensive, so €515 for the 8GB version and
€600 for the 16GB version.

(My goodness, how convenient it is that we all use the euro! It makes
comparisons between countries so much easier.)

Obviously, at that price point, I'm not even considering getting one.

If you get it with some sort of business tariff, the 8GB is free and the
16GB costs €75.

> I'll let you know as soon as they come in. Right now, people are
> pre-registering them like they're the coolest thing ever invented and
> everybody needs to have one (there was actually an interesting article
> on the BBC web site about that today), so stock might be an issue.

Well, they're for sale now and people are actually cueing up to get
their hands on their coveted iPhones, much like anywhere else in Europe.
Except that the average wage here is considerably lower.

On the other hand, the most likely buyer would be young, not yet married
and thus living with mummy and daddy, who pay for everything so that
their baby is left with a disposable income that many youngsters abroad
would be jealous of.

- Peter