New Mix

Joost Schuttelaar EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Oct 26 14:33:21 CET 2008

On Oct 26, 2008, at 0:22 , Martin Naef wrote:

> http://www.navisto.ch/tracks/DLD-21-10-08.mp3

Vocals sound great this way! I think the reason the guitars sound weak
is not necessarily in the guitars, but where did the kick and snare
go? Very often they are actually the ones who give power to the rhythm
guitar. The snare is audible (but very very thin) but the kick is
almost inaudible here.

The bass guitar seems more up front than the rhythm guitar, I think
that can be toned down a bit in the region of about 150hz. Perhaps
give the guitar a little little little bit of extra space by lowering
the vocals with about 2db? The ducking is a good idea.

Anyway, it sounds quite smooth! It's a proper mix, and these are all
artistic points.

--

Joost Schuttelaar
The Hague, NL