I got released!

Dave S EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Oct 24 10:54:31 CEST 2008

Hey again folks,

I've been meaning to check on this thread for a few days but keep getting
distracted... heeheh!  :-)

This morning our little lady was wriggling and straining lots in bed and
keeping her poor overtired mum awake too much, so I've currently got her
(Maisy, not Katy!) wrapped cosily to me, and she's snoring away most
beautifully.  Tired dad, but happy mum, so happy dad too.  :-)

Not that I'm one for product endorsement, but this "Sleepy Wrap"
(sleepywrap.com) we have is utter genius when it comes to settling her down.
I swear they must have impregnated it with sedatives or something!

Anyway, back to the thread...

On Tuesday 21 Oct 2008, Gert van Santen wrote:
> Well, considering the fact that the style is not my cup of tea, I
> still think Dave's track is great! Excellent work, mate!
> I can also see how Dave's track got to be the opening of the
> album - it's by far the best track. Best sounds, best production,
> best development, best everything.
> Well done :-)

Aww shucks, thanks!

Slightly interesting trivia: that's actually me playing the cornet on this
track.  I'm really out of practise, but for the purposes of recording it
doesn't matter if I have to do 20 takes to get it right.

I also bought a battered old euphonium last December off Ebay for about £25.
Despite looking a bit like it's fallen down some stairs, it works almost
perfectly and sounds great.  It's really cool because I can basically record
my own real brass sections now (despite me technically having the "wrong"
instruments, it doesn't actually matter much on the recording), which as a
major fan of dub is a great thing.

I have an semi-finished dubstep tune featuring a lot more brass samples, and I
can't wait to finish that one off.

So anyway, if anybody wants any real brass section type stuff for any tunes,
I'm your man... though I'm no Miles Davis!  :-)

Thanks to all who checked out the track and gave such positive feedback!

Cheers,

~Dave