Dirty Little Democracy

Joost Schuttelaar EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Oct 15 11:14:37 CEST 2008

On Oct 15, 2008, at 6:30 , Matt Picone wrote:

> http://www.mysticworks.com/tunes/Matt_Picone_-_Dirty_Little_Democracy.mp3

Great and well made track! As usual :)

Listened it on my hifi system (which I actually use mostly for music
making these days) and there are some serious frequency separation
problems. It is most noticable when the cymbals kick in. The start
(where the guitar kicks in first) is very powerful though... so I
wouldn't make all changes globally. But you can cut out a bunch of
frequencies when more of the gear kicks in.

Your Adam's might be a bit too good in this case ;) I'll go check it
out on my Tannoy's too this afternoon! Need to get a cable.

The start also seems a bit too 'wet'. I'd make it stand out in the
song a bit perhaps by removing a lot of high or (probably) doing
something ultra-cheesy as making it come out of a cheep radio/tv (with
some ambient noise) in the background.

And yeah... get it out there, quick! Put it to video.... cut up
existing video (cheney smiling, bush dancing, gonzalez, current news,
debates, paulson, whatever) and the social media sites will love
it... :)

--

Joost Schuttelaar
The Hague, NL