Nord 2x small problem

Gert van Santen EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Oct 13 21:40:17 CEST 2008

Sjaak de Vos schreef:
> I have a Nordlead 2x that has a small but inconvenient problem.
>
> It sends out a MIDI CC command - expression.
> Don't know which number that's exactly but that not so important right
> now - I just googled for it seems to be CC 11.
> I have no Idea why it's acting like this, also there is a pitch bend
> command that accompanies this "expression" CC 11command look at the
> screenshot jpg please.
>
> Anybody here got an idea what's happening here ?
>
> Fortunately it doesn't behave like this very often and most time only in
> the beginning after switching it on.
> And Pushing a button on my Korg Ms2k resets it (the volume is set very
> much lower by this CC command).
>
> The pich bend command is least important, this CC 11 is causing a
> massive volume drop - so not so good..
>
> I included a screenshot - Midi - Ox.
> Or:
> http://nl.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=1ywwgi&s=4

My Nord Lead 1 has the habit of sending out controller messages
without me doing anything. First I didn't know it was coming from
the Nord, but I experienced a lot of strange behaviour in Logic.

So then it came to me that it might be one of the knobs that got
stuck between two controller values (perhaps because of dust). So
I tweaked all the knobs - and one of those tweaks solved the problem.

I have found this very same problem with another synth later
(forgot which one). Turning knobs helped again :-)

Hope this helps you.

--

:-)

G e r t   v a n   S a n t e n