your daily routine

Andy Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Oct 10 18:16:57 CEST 2008

On Oct 9, 2008, at 11:30 AM, Andy Tarpinian wrote:

> speaking of which tonight I am going to:
>
> --
>
> From the Pages of Edible Manhattan... Edible D.I.Y. - Vinegar
> Pickles: Perfect Preservation (Hands-On )
> Instructor: Bob McClure, co-owner of McClure's Pickles
> Yes, you could tackle do-it-yourself drywall at home but why not delve
> into something a little tastier? Join Bob McClure of McClure's Pickles
> as he demonstrates the basics of canning for the home processor,
> canning safety, and how to preserve this summer's harvest using a
> variety of available vegetables and varying vinegars. Joe and Bob
> McClure have been making pickles based on their great-grandmother's
> recipe since they were kids, and formed McClure's Pickles less than
> two years ago. Bob believes in producing product of paramount quality
> and will show you how to do the same.
>
> On the Menu:
>
> 	• Pickles of all shapes and sizes
>
> --
>
> Where's Tony? DIY! DIY!

So McClure's Pickles consists of two brothers, their father, mother,
and a guy they have known for 20 years. Everything is hand made, no
machines are used. The recipe is 80 or so years old and was created by
their grandmother/grandfather. It was refreshing to see that the (in
my opinion) best pickles in the world are made and bottled by a
regular ol' family (that have day jobs). BTW I had not tried the spicy
ones before, they are incredible, there are habaneros in the jar :)

we made pickled carrots :)