A Benefit for Stan Whitaker

Bill Fox EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Oct 5 02:57:54 CEST 2008

This week, my band Pinnacle finished a remake of a track from our first
album to contribute to a compilation CD being produced to benefit Stand
Whitaker (Happy the Man and Oblivion Sun) who has a rare form of cancer
and no medical insurance.  I'll tell you about the CD's availability
when I know something about it.  Meanwhile, here's information about a
foundation to help pay Stan's medical bills.

Cheers,

Bill

-------- Begin forwarded message --------
Subject: NEARfestNews A Benefit for Stan Whitaker
Date: 10/3/2008  8:17:40 PM
 From: Ray Loboda
To: NEARfestNews at yahoogroups.com

Most all of you fans know of Happy the Man and Oblivion Sun as
vehicles past and present for the exploration of progressive music.  As
all of you know, Stan Whitaker was/is a member of both bands, but maybe
some of you don't know of Stan's health issues.  Below are links to
sites that address his situation and how you,
the "NEARfestinian" /"NEARfestite" /"NEARfester" can help and get
involved.  Stan is a wonderful human being and a tremendous talent, and
I propose that we all want him to continue being both, so check out the
websites, come to the show and show your support for this fine man and
NEARfest Icon.  Thanks in advance!

http://www.whitaker giftfoundation. com/
<http://www.whitakergiftfoundation.com/>
http://www.caringbr idge.org/ visit/stanleywhi taker
<http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/stanleywhitaker>
http://www.oblivion sun.com/ <http://www.oblivionsun.com/>

Ray Loboda, Festival Co-Director for NEARfest '09