Pandora console pre-order day is TODAY!

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Oct 1 17:51:38 CEST 2008

Jay Vaughan wrote:
> Its like what would happen if we decided to pool our resources and
> build a competitor to the Virus after all these years.  I'm sure we'd
> come up with a decent product, knowing as we do the faults and problems.

Now there's an idea...
Might I suggest a completely open source range of synthesisers/samplers.
In other words: if something doesn't work, it will be fixed, by someone,
and if something could be better, it will quite probably be made so.
None of this "It's all my property and you can't help" BS most companies
spew out as IP protection. You can protect your IP and still share it,
as ucapps clearly demonstrates.

How often do you see a midibox on eBay?
Hardly at all and it's not just because nobody has thought to build
these and make a profit, or even just prefab the module kits for profit.
It's because the community (zealots!!!) 'seek out and destroy' anyone
who tries ;)

> The reason you got knocked back was that they stopped being
> distributors for the crappy product and focused on their own new
> better-designed/better-specs product.

But! They're still selling the crappy product, allegedly.

> For sure.  Which EEEPC did you get, btw?

The 2001, a space odd..
Nope, basic black 701, with memory upped to faster than stock 1Gb stick.
I made a USB midi IF and have a few extra SD cards and sticks,
bluetooth, GPS with map software, windows XP and a few flavours of Linux
etc.

I have two SD's strictly jammed with emulators and old games (Betrayal
at Krondor ftw!), like Duke Nukem, Dungeon Keeper, much of the SCUMM
games, thousands of C64 and Speccy, Megadrive, ZX81, Atari Steem, etc.

Surprising how much nostalgia fits in 8Gb..

:)