Pandora console pre-order day is TODAY!

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Oct 1 15:52:20 CEST 2008

> I'm really put off even trying to order anything of low production run
> or not in general distribution after the immense fail of trying to
> buy a
> GP2x.

I really do understand that, however one thing you may not be aware of
is that the Pandora machine is a *response* to the crappy quality
control and manufacturing process from GPH, as exemplified by the GP2X.

Craig and co. have gone ahead and designed and built their own GP2X/
Wiz competitor after being the number one distributors for the GP2X
for years .. and they really know what they're doing.  In case you
didn't know this, Craig was the exclusive distributor for the GP32,
the GP2X, and the Wiz before he took on the Pandora project .. but GPH
were the manufacturers.  After trying to get GPH to fix the problems,
and then giving up in disgust, he decided to build his own console -
and thats what this is .. a console built by the community.

Its like what would happen if we decided to pool our resources and
build a competitor to the Virus after all these years.  I'm sure we'd
come up with a decent product, knowing as we do the faults and problems.

> When I ordered mine, it said "In Stock for next day delivery" and I
> got
> knocked back every week for over a month, in which time they had my
> money tied up..

The reason you got knocked back was that they stopped being
distributors for the crappy product and focused on their own new
better-designed/better-specs product.

> I am pleased with the eeePC I got instead tho as it runs MUCH MORE
> software than the F200 ever will, isn't too much of a burden, is
> faster
> and with a keyboard, wireless, bluetooth, much bigger screen. The list
> could go on...

For sure.  Which EEEPC did you get, btw?

;
--
Jay Vaughan