New track - Terminator

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Nov 13 17:52:26 CET 2008

Hi Micke

Mikael Hansson wrote:
> New track again:
> <http://www.deadmengods.com/music/dmg_terminator_premix.mp3>
> Comments and suggestions are as usual very welcome!

Typical Micke quality - your style is very recognisable, and there's a
good deal of variation in the track. Cool stuff!

Listening to the track on headphones at the moment, there are a few mix
issues that rub me a bit.

Generally, the track is a bit too agressive for my taste. Particularly
the sawtooth bass-synth covers an extremely wide spectrum, it is a bit a
too prominent with the high harmonics. I'd either try a touch of
high-shelving EQ to reduce these harmonics, and/or balance it with some
more power in the lower-mids from other instruments. I'd also reduce the
kick drum a bit, the track is pumping too much for my taste (but then,
some people like that...).

Martin

--
http://www.navisto.ch