Parallel Compression/processing (was mixing course)

Paul Maddox EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed May 21 00:02:49 CEST 2008

Paul,

 I¹ve been usin this trick on my drum mixes lately (check out ³I Know When
You¹re Lying²).
Mix bus of drums with two FX sends,
One goes to a limiter with it¹s gain set quite high
And one with compression.

I start with the original sound, bring in a little compression until it
sounds good, and then to give it some Œoomph¹ bring up the limited track a a
little.

Paul