Mixing Course - sub bass

Bill Fox EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue May 20 15:20:07 CEST 2008

punkdISCO wrote:
> Another good tip to make sure there is nothing clashing with your bass
> end: Listen to the track without the kick and bass. Is there anything
> clashing with those frequencies? Simply stuff but I have never done this..
This is known as frequency sculpting and can be applied across the
entire audio spectrum. If two things occupy the same band of
frequencies, then they will interfere with each other. EQ each
instrument so that its main characteristic sound occupies its own
spectrum and everything will be clear, even in mono. So mix in mono to
get your frequecy sculpting done and then pan things in stereo (5.1?) to
give each item a physical space.
> Parallel compression/processing = firkin ace stuff.
> Exciters – have so many uses I could not believe I have never used one!!
> Mixing into a buss compressor = firkin ace stuff.
Please save me 70 quid (plus air fare from the US, hotel, meals, etc.)
and give some details about these.

Cheers,

Bill