Mixing Course - sub bass

punkdISCO EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon May 19 21:11:11 CEST 2008

Hey all

On Sunday, I went on this course: etc etc

So, I learnt just so much stuff it hurts.  As we went though the mix, stage
by stage, I was very surprised to see how much sub bass the guy was putting
in on the kick or bass (cant remember which); certainly not removing any..
I mentioned my fear of bass and how I have HPF on anything low (kick/bass).
He said that he has never shelved off any sub bass, ever!!

Pretty interesting stuff for me.  Don't expect anymore bass-less punkdISCO
mixes!! :)

Another good tip to make sure there is nothing clashing with your bass end:
Listen to the track without the kick and bass.  Is there anything clashing
with those frequencies?  Simply stuff but I have never done this..

Parallel compression/processing = firkin ace stuff.

Exciters - have so many uses I could not believe I have never used one!!

Mixing into a buss compressor = firkin ace stuff.

Ta

Paul

London

www.punkdisco.co.uk