hard drive enclosure screw-up

Ron West EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat May 10 14:19:41 CEST 2008

> Going back to the beginning, it looks like this box has either a missing
> (probably) proprietary break out connector to the two SATA power/data or it
> is (more likely) just a SATA connector that needs some short cables.

yea, it's a SATA box and the cable is missing. the manual clearly
shows cables being hooked up to the drive which confused me as there
are none in the box.

> In any case, it might be possible to contact the manufacturer for a
> replacement bit or, at a push, reverse engineer all the connections and make
> your own cable (ewww)

i'll have to see if i can buy a cable since it is a store brand
enclosure and the store in question is out of business. the cheap
enclosure isn't so cheap anymore...

thanks for the responses.

--
Ron

Who would have thought a good little girl like you could destroy my
beautiful wickedness.

http://www.myspace.com/beepmusic
ITMFA