hard drive enclosure screw-up

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat May 10 12:25:12 CEST 2008

Peter Korsten wrote:
> Are you sure about that? My SATA drives all have a narrow data cable and
> a wider power cable. This goes for the drive in my laptop, too, which
> you can simply connect to a normal computer with the same two cables.

I mentioned the poopoo.
Going back to the beginning, it looks like this box has either a missing
(probably) proprietary break out connector to the two SATA power/data or
it is (more likely) just a SATA connector that needs some short cables.

In any case, it might be possible to contact the manufacturer for a
replacement bit or, at a push, reverse engineer all the connections and
make your own cable (ewww)