Which recording interface?

paul.maddox.mail-list at synth.net EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Mar 21 22:28:38 CET 2008

Guys,

 Ok, I can't do it, I need to get a recording interface. I just can't live
without one.

 So, can someone suggest something suitable with the following ;-

 minimum 8 simultaneous record inputs
 minimum 4 XLR ins (preferably XLR/Line)
 switchable phantom on at least four of the inputs.
 idealy firewire (I just don't trust USB2)
 minimum two audio outs (don't need more than that)
 compatible with Logic (yes, I'm using OSX)

 and the catch, budget wise, 250ukp is about the limit. I'd *LOVE* one of
the MOTU 8 pre's (perfect!) but sadly at ?370 it's out of reach.

 don't mind second hand, as long as it works :-)

 Paul